9 Apr 2013
The UK Design & Print Network are hosting a training day at the Birmingham NEC Ramada hotel http://www.encorenec.co.uk/ on the 10th April 2013. This is a free learning day for members only to help them understand more about selling websites through their businesses.
The event will be hosted by a panel of peers comprising of
The agenda is as follows
1. Brief introductions from the panel.
2. The process – best practice
3. How to quote/price
5. Design and build – how to approach
6. Mobile devices
7. SEO – Search Engine Optimisation
8. Advertising your new site via Google or other media.
9. Staffing & capability needs
10. Site updates – how to charge
11. Tech support – how to charge
12. Service Level Agreements
13. Software options and needs
14. Template sites/software vs bespoke
15. Ecommerce – preferred solutions
16. E-shot platforms
17. CMS – preferred solutions
18. How to market your web build offering
19. Most likely targets based on past experience
20. Retrieval & use of analytics
21. Potential issue – “Job creep”
22. Website new build & sales check list – BS
23. Support from Network Members
24. Any follow up action.